Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sitka Clan Community Meeting

Today in class we had a meeting. (Well the community did! :p) It was for all the Natives around Alaska to come and have a meeting. I'm not Native myself but it was still really cool to go. I sadly had to leave early though. I did learn something before I left though. I learned that, in Berlin there's a museum there that is full of Native stuff from Alaska. Isn't that cool?! I mean in Germany, they have stuff about us. That's cool to me but yet, I am a nerd. I wonder if other races have meetings like this to. It would be really cool to see other races take on some of the things Natives do around here. The Natives around here are really into they're background. I know that a lot of elders are really into teaching other's their language. I know that if I wanted to, I could get at least one Elder to teach me their language. Or their dancing. Now that is some cool stuff. I like the Ravens costume they have in Ketchikan its really amazing and it cost like $1,200 to make one. That must mean they really but time and energy into making it. I saw one for the Wearable Art Show we have here every year and that was my all time favorite. But that's enough of me talking about myself. The point was to talk about how cool the Natives are around here, and sometimes, I really wish I was a Native also. But i like myself the way I am and I wish everybody did. If you're ever wondering what our traditional Native clothing, dancing, food looks like, there's always Google Images. :p Thanks for reading about how I view that Natives around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment